You are here
+1 (573) 882-3732
Jennifer works as the Laboratory Supervisor for Pathology & Anatomical Sciences Tissue Bank.
Her responsibilities included:
- Preparation and preservation of human and animal tissue including bisecting, embedding tissue, tissue storage and placement of specimens in cryogenic storage.
- Isolation of lymphocytes as well as DNA, RNA and miRNA from fresh and paraffin tissue.
- Responsible for all data entry for Tissue Bank.
- Completion of paperwork with researchers.
- Order laboratory supplies
- Direct and manage the work of a Histotechnician.
- Troubleshoot laboratory protocols.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ensure laboratory is compliant with the University Environmental Health and Safety guidelines.
- Molecular procedures including library construction for MIRA Seq
She also has experience in:
- Restriction digests
- Bisulfite sequencing
- Cell Culture
- Marker specific separations
- Running MassArray Epityper
- Western Blots
- CPG microarrays
- Flow cytometry
- Bennett LB, Schnabel JL, Kelchen, JM, Taylor KH, Guo J, Arthur GL, Papageorgio CN, Shi H, Caldwell, CW. DNA hypermethylation accompanied by transcriptional repression in follicular lymphoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2009; 48(9):828-41.
- Choi JH, Li Y, Guo J, Pei L, Rauch TA, Kramer RS, Macmil SL, Wiley GB, Bennett LB, Schnabel JL, Taylor KH, Kim S, Xu D,Sreekumar A, Pfeifer GP, Roe BA, Caldwell CW, Bhalla KN, Shi H. Genome-wide DNA methylation maps in follicular lymphoma cells determined by methylation-enriched bisulfite sequencing. PLoS One 2010; 29:5(9).
- Pei L, Choi JH, Liu J, Lee EJ, McCarthy B, Wilson JM, Speir E, Awan F, Tae H, Arthur G, Schnabel JL, Taylor KH, Wang X, Xu D, Ding HF, Munn DH, Caldwell C, Shi H. Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis reveals novel epigenetic changes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Epigenetics. 2012 Jun 1; 7(6):567-78.
- Md Almamun, Jennifer L. Schnabel, Susan T. Gater, Jie Ning, Kristen H. Taylor. Isolation of pre-cursor B-cell subsets from umbilical cord blood. J Vis Exp. 2013 Apr 16; (74).